Chicken with Onion Gravy
While the last days of summer are soon to be leaving us, we’ve still got a few days yet, and that’s where this recipe for chicken with onion gravy can be a real winner.
We’ve said it many times, but summer is, above all, about making meal prep easy as possible for much of the time, and whether you’ve got some left over chicken (or want to make some just for this recipe) the onion gravy is quick and easy. Add a little pasta and you’ve got a quick and easy meal. And folks, the best news is that this gravy is one of the best I’ve ever made.
No kidding. It takes maybe 10 minutes to prep and only 20 minutes to cook. The flavor is absolutely amazing.
- Chicken, either left overs or newly made
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken stock (maybe a little more, depending on how you want the gravy to be)
- Pasta or egg noodles
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan,then add the onions and sugar, cooking for 10 to 15 minutes until the onions are just starting to caramelize.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions, stir and cook for about a minute. Add the stock slowly, then bring it to a boil, reduce heat and let it cook until the gravy is thickened.
- Add the chicken until it is fully warmed and serve the meal over pasta or noodles.